Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation – HLTAID009
This CPR course covers the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
This course applies to all workers who may be required to provide CPR, in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
This course is a half day course and includes theory and practical components.
Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation is available in both the Mandurah and Port Hedland Training Centres.
- Identify, assess and minimise immediate hazards to health and safety of self and others
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for CPR
- Seek assistance from emergency response services
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation in accordance with ARC guidelines
- Display respectful behaviour towards casualty
- Operate automated external defibrillator (AED) according to manufacturer’s instructions
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency response services
- Report details of incident to workplace supervisor as appropriate
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information in line with statutory and/or organisational policies