Work Safely at Heights – Refresher Training in Perth
The MSTS Working Safely at Heights Refresher Training course is designed to train and equip you to work safely at heights within Perth and Western Australia’s unique work environments. With our first-class facilities and trainers, MSTS courses are among the best working at heights training that Perth & Western Australia have to offer. Book online today to reserve your place.
Working at Heights Course certificate – RIIWHS204E
Participants of the training course will attain practical understanding and application of the tasks associated with working safely at heights in Western Australia.
The Work Safely at Heights Course content includes:
- Correct maintenance and inspections of equipment
- Correct inspection and fitting of full body harnesses
- Hazard identification and risk assessment using hierarchy of control
- Rescue and emergency procedure
- Understanding of the forces generated from falls
- Understanding of legislation, regulations, and standards of working at heights in WA
After successfully completing this course, applicants will be knowledgeable about and understand:
- How to work at heights in a safe manner
- The requirements of the Code of Practice “Prevention of Falls in The Workplace”
- Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996 with amendments 2002 regarding fall injury prevention systems
- Applicable sections of the MSIA & Regulations
- Requirements of AS 1891
- Definitions of fall arrest and restraint
- Using the Hierarchy of control to reduce hazards at heights.
- Inspect, fit and use a Full Body harness.
- Identify and understand the application of different items of fall protection.
- Use of twin lanyards
- Fall Trauma
- Basic Requirements regarding use of scaffolding.
- Basic Requirements regarding EWP use.
- Requirements regarding setting up of static lines.
- Correct use of ladders.
- Understand fall distances.
- Requirements for rescue procedures and systems available