PROVIDE CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION and PROVIDE RESCUE FROM A LIVE LV PANEL
This course delivers two Units of Competency.
HLTAID009 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
The CPR course covers the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
UETDRRF004 – Perform rescue from a live LV panel
The LVR Course covers the performance of rescue procedures from live Low Voltage (LV) apparatus, not including overhead lines and underground cables in the work place.
- Identify, assess and minimise immediate hazards to health and safety of self and others
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for CPR
- Seek assistance from emergency response services
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation in accordance with ARC guidelines
- Display respectful behaviour towards casualty
- Operate automated external defibrillator (AED) according to manufacturer’s instructions
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency response services
- Report details of incident to workplace supervisor as appropriate
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information in line with statutory and/or organisational policies
- Apply hazard and risk control measures
- Identify electricity isolation point
- Check tools and equipment for safety and functionality
- Control risk in accordance with workplace procedures and work instructions
- Access and isolate the LV panel, and remove the victim, where necessary from contact with live apparatus (simulated environment)
- Apply CPR, if required, at the site
- Secure worksite and entry control (until site release by appropriate authorities)
- Report accidents and/or incidents