ENTER AND WORK IN CONFINED SPACES REFRESHER TRAINING – RIIWHS202E
Get a certificate for working in confined spaces
Are you in need of Refresher Course or Confined Space Work?
Many workplaces contain spaces with limited or restricted means for entry or exit, and pose many health and safety hazards to employees. Mandurah Safety & Training Services (MSTS) provides confined space training that is designed to make you skilled in all aspects of working within confined spaces, within your work environment.
If you already have a Qualification for ENTER AND WORK IN CONFINED SPACES, and it is almost 2 years old, you may be eligible to do a Refresher Course.
Public training is delivered at MSTS training facilities in Mandurah and Port Hedland.
Training can also be scheduled on client’s sites, subject to equipment requirements
Delivery and assessments:
- Face-to-face Delivery (PowerPoint presentation)
- Theory Assessment (closed book) and Practical Assessment
Enter and work in Confined Spaces learning outcomes
After successfully completing this course, applicants will have completed off-the-job training during which the following key theoretical and practical competencies were covered in relation to the Safe Entry and working in Confined Spaces:
- The requirements of AS 2865-2009
- Definitions of a confined space
- Roles of personnel involved in working in a confined space
- What defines a person as having entered a confined space
- Duties of a stand-by person
- Duties of a confined space permit issuer
- Duties of a Permit Holder
- Gas testing requirements, when and by whom
- Common gases found in confined spaces and the physical properties these gases
- Effects of these gasses on the body and treatment of persons that have been exposed to them
- Types of asphyxiates and effects of oxygen depletion
- NOSHC Exposure limits, STEL and TWA
- Pre-entry requirements, isolations, emergency plans, ventilation, communication
- Demonstrating of gas testing of a confined space
- Practical isolation of energy sources and placing locks and tags on a confined space
- Completing a confined space entry permit and standby / entrant log
- Two or three separate entries of a confined space
- Completion of a risk assessment/JSA/JHA for a confined space
- Practical training for the role of a standby person
- Use of rescue systems for a confined space