ENTER AND WORK IN CONFINED SPACES – RIIWHS202E
Are you in need of a Confined Space Training certificate?
Many workplaces contain spaces with limited or restricted means for entry or exit, and pose many health and safety hazards to employees. Mandurah Safety and Training Services (MSTS) delivers Confined Space Training that is designed to provide you with skills in all aspects of working in confined spaces, within your work environment.
If you’re interested in in gaining a confined space ticket in Perth, then book with us. Bookings are essential as numbers are limited for each course.
The following key theoretical and practical competencies are covered in relation to the Enter and Work in Confined Spaces course:
- The requirements of AS 2865-2009
- Definitions of a confined space
- Roles of personnel who must Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
- What defines a person as having entered a Confined Space.
- Duties of the Stand-by person
- Duties of a Confined Space Permit Issuer
- Duties of a Permit Holder
- Gas testing requirements, when and by whom.
- Common gases found in Confined Spaces and the physical properties these gases
- Effects of these gasses on the body and treatment of persons that have been exposed to them
- Types of asphyxiants effects of oxygen depletion
- NOSHC Exposure limits, STEL and TWA
- Pre entry requirements, Isolations, Emergency Plans, Ventilation, Communication
- Demonstrating of gas testing of a confined space
- Practical isolation of energy sources and placing locks and tags on a confined space
- Completing a confined space entry permit and standby / entrant log
- 2 or 3 separate entries of a confined space
- Completion of a risk assessment/JSA/JHA for a Confined Space
- Practical training for the role of a standby person
- Use of rescue systems for a confined space