This 4 day course involves theory and practical assessment of dogging techniques. At the successful completion of this course, applicants will be awarded a Statement of Attainment: Licence to Perform Dogging Work (CPCCLDG3001A) and will lead to issuance of a High Risk Work Licence to Perform Dogging.
After successfully completing this course applicants will be able to:
- Be aware of duty of care requirements, relevant sections of the O.H. & S. Regulations and Australian Standards.
- Recognise different types of cranes, how they operate, correct setting up of most cranes, and descriptions.
- Plan jobs safely.
- Inspect and safely use, chains, soft slings, FSWR.
- Understand Safe Working Loads.
- Correctly sling loads. Selection and care of slings.
- Calculate areas and weights of loads.
- Recognise and use load handling accessories.
- Splice and whip fibre ropes.
- Understand requirements and use of P.P.E.
- Understand correct stacking and unloading.
Public training is delivered at MSTS training facilities in Mandurah and Port Hedland.
Training can also be scheduled on client’s sites, subject to equipment requirements
DELIVERY and ASSESSMENTS:
Face-to-Face Delivery (PowerPoint Presentation)
Theory Assessment (closed book) and Practical Assessment
All successful applicants will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment:
Licence to Perform Dogging – CPCCLDG3001A. A High Risk Work Licence with DG class will also be issued by Worksafe WA.
PRE REQUISITES / LLN:
All learners must be at least 18 years old and able to read and comprehend English to a level that will enable them to safely perform duties as specified in the competency standard. MSTS recognises that some learners may require more support to meet the requirements of the training course. We will endeavour to meet these needs with regards to; language, literacy and numeracy skills. Learners are encouraged, prior to commencing the course and where applicable, to complete an MSTS LLN analysis, which will assist the Trainer/Assessor to interpret individual skill level and manage this from the onset.