Working at Heights Training
LIMITED OFFER: Book two courses online and receive a 15% refund off the course of the lowest value at the time of attending the second course. Payment must be made through the website in full to be eligible for this offer.
Safety at height training in Perth
The MSTS Working Safely at Heights Training course is designed to train and equip you to work safely at heights within Perth and Western Australia’s unique work environments. With our first-class facilities and trainers, MSTS courses are among the best working at heights training that Perth & WA have to offer. Book online today to reserve your place.
Working at Heights course certificate – RIIWHS204E
Participants of the training course will attain practical understanding and application of the tasks associated with working safely at heights in WA.
The Work Safely at Heights Course content includes:
- Correct maintenance and inspections of equipment
- Correct inspection and fitting of full body harnesses
- Hazard identification and risk assessment using hierarchy of control
- Rescue and emergency procedure
- Understanding of the forces generated from falls
- Understanding of legislation, regulations, and standards of working at heights in WA
After successfully completing this course, applicants will be knowledgeable about and understand:
- How to work at heights in a safe manner
- The requirements of the Code of Practice “Prevention of Falls in The Workplace” “Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996 with amendments 2002” regarding fall injury prevention systems
- Applicable sections of the MSIA & Regulations
- Requirements of AS 1891Definitions of fall arrest and restraint
- Using the hierarchy of control to reduce hazards at heights
- Inspect, fit and use a full body harness
- Identify and understand the application of different items of fall protection
- Use of twin lanyards
- Fall trauma
- Basic requirements regarding use of scaffolding
- Basic requirements regarding EWP use
- Requirements regarding setting up of static lines
- Correct use of ladders
- Understand fall distances
- Requirements for rescue procedures and systems available
Work Safely at Heights Refresher course
1/2 Day (4 Hours)
- Public training is delivered at MSTS training facilities in Mandurah and Port Hedland.
- Training can also be scheduled on client’s sites, subject to equipment requirements
Delivery and assessments
- Face-to-face Delivery (PowerPoint Presentation)
- Theory Assessment (closed book)
- Practical Assessment
All successful applicants will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment: Work Safely at Heights – RIIWHS204E.
All learners must be able to read and comprehend English to a level that will enable them to safely perform duties as specified in the competency standard. MSTS recognises that some learners may require more support to meet the requirements of the training course. We will endeavour to meet these needs with regards to; language, literacy and numeracy skills.
Learners are encouraged, prior to commencing the course and where applicable, to complete an MSTS LLN analysis, which will assist the Trainer/Assessor to interpret individual skill level and manage this from the onset.
Why Choose Mandurah Safety & Training Services
- Buy-in from all staff & team members to achieve common goals
- Consistency and attendance to quality
- Internal Quality Indicator System
- Directly involved at all phases
- Established and provide a high level of expertise in the marketplace