Low Voltage Rescue - LVR Training
LIMITED OFFER: Book two courses online and receive a 15% refund off the course of the lowest value at the time of attending the second course. Payment must be made through the website in full to be eligible for this offer.
UETTDRRF06 – Perform rescue from a live LV panel
This Competency Standard Unit covers the performance of rescue procedures from live Low Voltage (LV) apparatus, not including overhead lines and underground cables in the work place.
It specifies the mandatory requirements of rescue from a live LV panel and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions.
It encompasses responsibilities for, health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work.
On successful completion, participants will be able to:
- Apply hazard and risk control measures
- Identify electricity isolation point
- Check tools and equipment for safety and functionality
- Control risk in accordance with workplace procedures and work instructions
- Access and isolate the LV panel, and remove the victim, where necessary from contact with live apparatus (simulated environment)
- Apply CPR, if required, at the site
- Secure worksite and entry control (until site release by appropriate authorities)
- Report accidents and/or incidents