New Online Booking System
We are currently in the process of testing our new booking system. Once operational the new system will have increased functions such as, availability on courses and instant confirmations. We are also trialing other functions such as a workflow process for supervisor booking approvals.
New instruments from Safe Work Australia
SafeWork Australia have announced new instruments for assessing high risk work licences and they are currently in the process of advising of any changes, watch this space for more information.
Online & Blended courses
Our subject matter experts and our IT department have been working towards providing some more flexible ways to access our training solutions for some time now.
Currently we are in the process of developing some of the following;
- Online training offerings – Some of our courses have been identified as being able to be delivered online along with students completing assessments in a time that is convenient to them. We have also identified courses that we are not currently delivering but we may add to our scope and have available online.
- Blended training offerings – Along with the online offerings we are working towards providing more flexibility in our course delivery. Blended learning gives the learner the flexibility of completing some pre-learning or a pre-course assessment online that may potentially reduce the in-class component of our training.
Stay tuned for more details on these offerings soon.
Christmas break warning
With Christmas fast approaching some workplaces are looking forward to some well-earned rest and relaxation. We are all focused on safety in the workplace, but have you considered safety at home over the festive season? Spare a moment considering the hazards and controls for the following tasks;
- Putting up Christmas lights around the house using a ladder.
- Decorating the Christmas tree, including connecting lights.
- Construction of Christmas gifts using tools and possibly power tools.
- Lifting and transporting heavy items such as full esky/icebox or heavy gifts.
- Slippery surfaces around backyard pools.
- Too much sun and not enough fluids.
Will you be having a safe festive season this year? It’s no laughing matter, but here are some interesting Christmas statistics;
- 31 Australians have died since 1996 by watering their Christmas tree while fairy lights were plugged in.
- Hospitals reported 4 broken arms last year after Christmas cracker accidents
- 101 Australians since 1997 have had to have broken parts of toys pulled from the soles of their feet.
- 543 Australians were admitted to casualty in the last 2 years after opening bottles of beer wither either their teeth or eye socket.
Returning to work after breaks
With many people going on holidays or being on R & R break and taking trips over the festive season, or just spending some time relaxing, but have you considered a process for preparing your body for a return to work? You may wish to consider the following;
- After a period of in-activity have you warmed up by doing any pre-activity stretches?
- If you have been in a cooler climate for a period of time than what you are used to your body has acclimatized to where you have been. Are you hydrated enough for the warmer climate you find yourself in?
- Adjust your sleep schedule before returning to work. If you adjust from your holiday sleep schedule back to your work sleep schedule before you return to work, the transition will be easier and you will feel less tired once you start work again.