Confined Spaces Training
LIMITED OFFER: Book two courses online and receive a 15% refund off the course of the lowest value at the time of attending the second course. Payment must be made through the website in full to be eligible for this offer.
RIIWHS202D – Enter and work in confined spaces
Are you in need of confined space training?
The MSTS confined space training course is designed to make you skilled in all aspects of working within confined spaces, within your work environment.
With our first class facilities and trainers, MSTS provides courses that are among the best Perth & WA have to offer.
Enter and Work in Confined Spaces is a Nationally recognised training Course.
The Unit of Competence is RIIWHS202D.
Enter and Work in Confined Spaces Learning Outcomes
After successfully completing this course applicants will have completed off-the-job training during which the following key theoretical and practical competencies were covered in relation to the Safe Entry and working in Confined Spaces:
- The requirements of AS 2865-2009
- Definitions of a confined space
- Roles of personnel involved in working in a confined space
- What defines a person as having entered a Confined Space.
- Duties of a Stand-by person
- Duties of a Confined Space Permit Issuer
- Duties of a Permit Holder
- Gas testing requirements, when and by whom.
- Common gases found in Confined Spaces and the physical properties these gases
- Effects of these gasses on the body and treatment of persons that have been exposed to them
- Types of asphyxiants effects of oxygen depletion
- NOSHC Exposure limits, STEL and TWA
- Pre entry requirements, Isolations, Emergency Plans, Ventilation, Communication
- Demonstrating of gas testing of a confined space
- Practical isolation of energy sources and placing locks and tags on a confined space
- Completing a confined space entry permit and standby / entrant log
- 2 or 3 separate entries of a confined space
- Completion of a risk assessment/JSA/JHA for a Confined Space
- Practical training for the role of a standby person
- Use of rescue systems for a confined space